INDIAN COAST GUARD
(MINISTRY OF DEFENCE)
NAME OF POST : NAVIK (GENERAL DUTY)
Educational Qualification:-10+2 with 60% marks aggregate in total and minimum 60% in each subject of Maths and Physics from an education board recognised by Central/State Government. (5% relaxation in the above % for sports person of National level and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.)
Age: Born between 01 Aug 91 to 31 Jul 95. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Selection Procedure: -
The 'Online' Applications will be sorted out centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during Mar/Apr 13. Date, time and venue of the recruitment will be intimated through personal email ID/ by post in the month of Mar 13. Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received.
- The written tests will be objective type.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under:-
* 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
* 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
* 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
List of Documents: Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior to commencement of the written exam. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination venue with the following documents:
(a) Two copies of pre-filled online application.
(b) Original certificate of tenth class for date of birth verification.
(c) Original mark sheet and certificates of 12th class.
(d) Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
(e) Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt of India format.
(f) Ten recent colour passport size photographs.
(g) Character certificate (issued six months prior to exam/interview).
Important Link :